As part of an international movement, the American Red Cross is launching the Missing Types campaign to recruit new blood donors – and those who have not given recently – to ensure lifesaving blood is available for patients.
During the Missing Types campaign, the letters A, B and O – the main blood groups – will disappear from brands, social media pages, signs and websites to illustrate the critical role every blood donor plays. When the letters A, B and O vanish from everyday life, the gaps are striking. And when A, B and O blood types are missing from hospital shelves, patient care could be impacted.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities include:
- Friday, June 15: 12 p.m.–5:30 p.m., American Red Cross Clearfield, 438 West Front Street
- Monday, June 25: 9 a.m.–2:30 p.m., CNB Bank, 31 S. 2nd Street, P.O. Box 42
- Monday, June 18: 1 p.m.–5:30 p.m., St Timothy’s Catholic Church, 306 Walnut Street
- Thursday, June 14: 1 p.m.–7 p.m., Comfort Suites/DuBois Country Club, 10 Lakeside Avenue
- Monday, June 25: 1 p.m. –6:30 p.m., Glendale Valley Spirit and Truth, Route 53 and Anita Street
- Saturday, June 16: 9 a.m. –2:30 p.m., Evangelical United Methodist Church, 30 S. White Street
- Tuesday, June 26: 10 a.m. –2:30 p.m., Penn Highlands Brookville Education Building, 100 Hospital Road
- Tuesday, June 19: 12:30 p.m. –6 p.m., SS Cosmas and Damian Church, 205 Chestnut Street
- Thursday, June 28: 11 a.m. –4 p.m., First Church of God, 23 Skyview Drive