Officers investigated a incident of theft by deception on the Allport Cutoff in Graham Township. On Jan. 22 a forgery occurred at a local financial institution after someone attempted to cash a check from a closed account. The investigation continues.
A 28-year-old Fallentimber man had charges of harassment filed against him in the district magisterial court on Friday, Feb. 8. The man had a verbal altercation with a 26-year-old Clearfield woman on Glendale Valley Boulevard in Reade Township. The argument turned physical after he shoved her onto the ground.
An investigation continues into the death of Louis Alessandra, 76, of Houtzdale. Officers reported he was found by his cellmate Sunday, Feb. 10, at the state Correctional Institution, Houtzdale, after calling for help. Officers responded to the call and found him lying facedown with a faint pulse. Alessandra was given CPR but it was unsuccessful. He died of apparent natural causes. An autopsy is pending.
Officers escorted a man from the basement of the Trinity United Methodist Church, Clearfield, after receiving a call for an unwanted person.
- Officers assisted a resident in gaining entry to their residence after the became stuck.
- Officers assisted with a call on South Fourth Street for resident who was having a mental health issue. The person was transported to the hospital for treatment.
- Officers disposed of a syringe found on Bridge Street.
- Officers found a driver who had a warrant for his arrest after performing a vehicle stop for a minor traffic violation.
- Officers received a report of possible drug activity in the East End area.
- Officers responded to a Daisy Street business for a report of drug paraphernalia found there.
State Police at Rockview
Officers investigated a reported rape of a 58-year-old Philipsburg woman Jan. 15 on North Second Street in Philipsburg. The investigation continues.