DuBOIS — District Judge Patrick N. Ford of DuBois presided over preliminary hearings and other proceedings Friday.
The following defendants waived their rights to preliminary hearings. Their cases will be sent to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Kay M. Jarrett, 36, DuBois, who is charged with one misdemeanor count of writing a bad check as a result of an incident which occurred on May 22 in Sandy Township. Bail was set at $20,000, unsecured.
- Zachary J. Gribik, 25, DuBois, who is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance as a result of an incident which occurred on July 15 in Sandy Township. Bail was set at $1,000, unsecured.
- Eric D. Liddle, 27, DuBois, who is charged with DUI and a summary traffic violation as a result of an incident which occurred on Aug. 16 in the City of DuBois.
- Keith Parlor, 26, Clearfield, who is charged with theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property as a result of an incident which occurred on June 10 in DuBois. Monetary bail was set at $1,000. He is lodged in the Clearfield County Jail.
- Stephen P. Fauls, 61, DuBois, who is charged with DUI and a summery traffic violation. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
Held for court
As a result of preliminary hearings, sufficient evidence was established to send the following cases to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Tammy S. Burkett, who is charged with loitering and prowling at night time.
Guilty plea entered
- Jeremy I. Pruszko, an inmate at the Jefferson County Jail, pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. He must pay $579.25 in fines and costs plus serve one-year probation. He also pleaded guilty to a second charge of possession of drug paraphernalia and must pay a total of $572.25 in fines and costs. He must also serve one-year probation.
Bench warrants issued
The following defendants failed to appear for court and had bench warrants issued for their arrest:
- Richard M. Whitmore, 36, Brockway, who is charged with possession of controlled substances, possession of drug paraphernalia and loitering and prowling at night time.
- James L. Uhl, 28, Brockport, who is charged with firearms not to be carried, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with operating privileges suspended or revoked.
The following defendant’s hearings was continued until Oct. 19.
- Joseph M. Nedza, who is charged with assault.