DuBOIS — The DuBois Area School District has merged its Regional Economic Acceleration for the Development of our Youth (READY) initiative with the state’s components for phase three, according to Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Anne Young.
For the district’s continued growth and development of this value initiative, the goals are to:
- Implement the DASD READY and future READY PA index plan.
- Develop phase three building level teams to support implementation and ongoing development.
- Generate a list of funding auctions to pay for travel, for career cruises and educational field trips.
- Possibly help fund continued trips through Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program, funds from Workforce Solutions for North Central PA, and business sponsorships.
- Provide teachers with opportunities to connect with local businesses and community members so that together they can provide educational opportunities for students.
Young said at last week’s board meeting that every department in the district was involved with the READY initiative. A total of 32 members were on the READY implementation team for phases one and two. Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Jodi August was the community liaison who developed business enhancing education committee and helped to develop monthly agendas for lunch meetings. In addition, there were more than 100 community members who participated in career events.
“The team was instrumental in the successful implementation of READY, and I am so proud of all the hard work that they put into this. It was pretty amazing, when you think back, how big this initiative is, and how many people are involved,” said Young. “That being said, we have a lot of great successes to celebrate and we look forward to the future.”