Sandy Township Public Works Director Matt Cook presented his March report to the supervisors at Monday’s meeting.
Regarding the road department, Cook said there were 77 tons of salt and 170 tons of anti-skid used for winter road maintenance.
Other road work done is as follows:
- The crew continues to perform street sweeping and are about half-way completed with the roads.
- The crew graded and rolled the dirt section of West Long Avenue and Tannery Row Road.
- Installed 420 feet of 12-inch plastic pipe and four storm inlets on Hepburn Road. They cleaned the other inlets and outlets of cross drains on Hepburn Road while the crew was working in the area.
- Started to clean and power wash bridges last week and are continuing to do so this week.
- Started to install storm inlets and pipe at the South Main Street and Wayne Road intersection. The crew will be working in that area for the next several weeks.
Water and sewer department
Regarding the water and sewer department, Cook said:
- The crew repaired a water leak on Route 119 between the West Liberty Road and Route 322.
- Repaired a water leak on Brady Street between the Sones Road and Lincoln Drive.
- They also repaired two other water leaks; one on Guy Avenue and the other was on Man Kind Lane.
- All of the water leaks which have been detected have been repaired.
- They made a water and sewer tap for a new home on Central Christian Road.
- They helped the road department with winter maintenance as they were needed.
- The crew will began flushing township water lines this week.
Building and Grounds
The Sandy Township Park is now open for the spring and summer seasons, said Cook.